Director, Infrastructure and Operations
Location: Denver, CO
This position leads infrastructure engineering, security operations and technical operations for the company. Responsibilities include: systems, network, storage and database administration, security operations, 24/7 operations (NOC/SOC) and related change management and business continuity processes.
- Lead team in building out and maintaining high performance, high availability cloud-capable infrastructure (private and public clouds) for Payfone systems, using virtualization and open source solutions where possible.
- Help lead and sponsor DevOps approach to product delivery, including automation of system builds and code promotion processes.
- Ability to attract, develop, manage and retain talent required for high performance organization.
- Manage staff performance and development to ensure department objectives and internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met.
- Ensure the operation of the department is in alignment with the business and all security objectives of the organization.
- Actively lead the organization regarding system implementation timelines and overall impact to the network, system, storage and security implications in project meetings.
- Develop a production system roadmap for hardware and software procurement, deployment, and capacity that stays ahead of business needs.
- Create and maintain well documented processes coupled with efficient and consistent work methodologies that conform to and support audit, security and business continuity requirements.
- Develop metrics for server, hardware, software, networking and storage. Provide strategic capacity planning ensuring adequate evaluation and preparation for growth.
- Lead the process identifying and recommending technology solutions to support business and security needs.
- Manage efforts to support implementation of new releases and upgrades of hardware, software, utilities and operating systems in support of stable production environments.
- Manage 24/7 operations and on-call rotation schedules, ensuring staff adhere to SLAs for support. Additionally, manage any Severity 1 system issues, performing triage and ensuring a well-organized efficient response processes.
- Lead company change management process.
- Lead plan development and related initiatives for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Comply with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Manage all corporate office infrastructure, including PCs, networks, video and voice conferencing, email, etc.
Education & Experience
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming and Networking or a related field.
- 7+ years of management experience supervising systems, database and security admin personnel.
- 5+ years extensive experience with enterprise IT systems management and industry certification supporting environments using VMware, Linux, FOSS, Oracle products, Windows, Cisco, F5 and Juniper products.
- Experience operating with both internal and colocation data center environments. Management in SaaS environments a plus.
- Experience working in and/or procuring services from cloud based providers.
- Experience automating environment provisioning and code promotion.
- Understanding of best practice models for change management process and governance.
- Experience with ISO, ITIL and other best practice frameworks.
- Ability to research and quickly resolve highly technical system issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication in conjunction with training skills.
- Experience with Foglight, Solarwinds, vCenter, Zabbix, Splunk, Zenoss or similar management/monitoring/logging software.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, policy compliance, and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of internal staff.
- Background check required.