Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Denver, CO
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the oversight of Payfone’s information systems infrastructure and will build, monitor, maintain and update production, staging and development systems. The systems administrator will partner with the Payfone development team in a DevOps structure to ensure rapid and automated deployment of new capabilities. He/She will also help design and build monitoring systems and provide reporting on systems performance. This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations and is largely dependent on taking initiative and individual responsibility.
What you are accountable for
As a member of the Technical Operations team, the Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for:
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of the production, staging, and development servers, network, and storage infrastructure.
- Coordinating infrastructure system development tasks to include design, integration and formal testing.
- Overseeing all transitions of infrastructure and code into production.
- Performing file system configuration and management as well as system backup and recovery procedures.
- Automating systems build and code promotion processes.
- Monitoring and testing system performance to provide statistics and reports for tuning and capacity planning purposes.
- Creating and maintaining programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
Ability to multi-task several mission critical tasks and projects with little supervision.
F5 or other load balancer technologies.
Knowledge of database principles and operations.
Strong knowledge of several scripting languages (shell, perl, tcl, etc.) and creation of automated tools.
Cisco/Juniper or other firewall and network technologies.
Nagios or other systems monitoring tools.
Splunk or other logging systems.
Able to thrive in a startup environment.
Considers multiple options and readily understands new approaches.
Able to work remotely and as part of a team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer or technical related science or equivalent work experience.
6+ years’ experience in network architecture and systems administration in a production environment. Virtual technologies a plus.
Experience working in a high availability, high visibility production environment.