technical Support Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for monitoring Payfone systems and addressing and resolving client production support issues as well as internal end user computing issues. In this role, you will provide basic to advanced technical support directly to external clients and internal users. You will configure Payfone monitoring tools to provide visibility to system health and automate alerting. You will interact with internal teams such as Product, Operations, and Engineering on a daily basis to ensure resolution of incidents is timely and accurate. You will also notify clients of change management and deployment activities and report on SLAs.
Essential job functions
- Monitor Payfone production systems for operational health and performance. Configure monitoring systems where needed to add views and alerts.
- Provide Tier 1 support by responding to customer inquiries and issues via phone, email, and support tickets. Coordinate with clients and internal teams to resolve complex issues. During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and Tier 2/3 support.
- Communicate status of open issues and resolution to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Notify clients of change management and deployment activities.
- Report on customer SLAs and production incidents.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, and daily maintenance of Windows and Macintosh desktops and laptops.
- Provides telephone support for remote users who experience software or hardware problems.
- Generate and maintain different types of procedural and systems documentation as part of general systems support.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a client facing, technical position. Experience interfacing with both internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of Splunk and Nagios (or other monitoring tool).
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as SSH, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPs, as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as traceroute, ping, and dig.
- The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and help solve it.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work irregular hours and be part of an on call rotation.
- Strong team player and ability to gain the respect of customers, peers, and management.