Posted: January 26, 2017
Title: Director, Customer Success
Reports to: CEO
Location: New York, New York
We are searching for a highly competent and experienced Director, Customer Success to design and lead a best in class customer experience for our rapidly growing business. Based in our NYC headquarters, the Director, Customer Success will work closely with the senior management team (CEO, CFO, VP Sales) and will be responsible for client onboarding, revenue development, support, satisfaction and advocacy. The position requires excellent customer management and business consultancy skills.
The Director, Customer Success will be a relationship management expert who will oversee client satisfaction and communicate with internal teams including sales, finance, technology and product management. You will own critical client functions, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, identifying new revenue opportunities and maintaining/increasing satisfaction.
• Oversee the delivery of multiple large, technically complex clients in banking, healthcare, insurance and high-tech industries;
• Accountable for managing multiple projects to meet contractual obligations while delivering on revenue and margin targets;
• Develop and deliver innovative self-service strategies targeting increased revenue and margin growth;
• Support negotiations of contracts, renewals, amendments and SOWs by assessing delivery risk and developing mitigation plans to ensure performance;
• Hold the organization, partners and the customer accountable to achieve contractual deliverables, which includes aligning contract deliverables and product roadmap;
• Oversee data privacy and risk management plan;
• Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with clients and drive continued value of our products and services; advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally;
• Develop and implement a seamless, frictionless, white glove onboarding experience;
• Develop and regularly report on customer success KPIs that will measure implementation, product adoption, speed of revenue and client satisfaction;
• Identify feature enhancements to our product through customer interaction;
• Design, recruit, train and manage a team of customer success representatives;
• Create training materials, webinars, documents for client onboarding.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience with SaaS or direct B2B high-tech solutions;
- Experience in account management including owning client revenue goals and identifying upsell and cross sell opportunities;
- Detail oriented, analytical and thrives in entrepreneurial environments;
- Prior experience building, automating and managing Customer Success or equivalent; history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption,
- ROI realization, and retention including delivering 24/7/365 on call support;
- Prior experience in managing own P&L and interfacing with Finance and Sales to forecast revenue and cost;
- Track record of achievement through both independent action and team leadership;
- Demonstrable process improvement and automation capabilities as well as the creation of training materials, webinars and documents for client onboarding;
- Familiarity working with data privacy rules especially within financial services, healthcare and government sectors;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four year college or university in related field, technical degree preferred;
- Experience managing technical staff including project managers, technical consultants, developers, testers and business analyst.
Travel: 25% to 50%
A compensation package composed of a base salary, bonuses, and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included. Relocation assistance may be provided. No sponsorship will be provided.
In today’s world it takes just a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue. Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Payfone removes customer friction and drives user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud.
The company is backed by leading venture firms, financial institutions and Mobile Network Operators and is based in New York.
Additional information is available at www.payfone.com.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.