Posted: January 17, 2017
Reports to: QA Manager
Location: Denver, CO
As a QA Engineer you will utilize automated and manual testing techniques to ensure the quality and stability of Payfone’s suite of mobile identity certainty API’s. You’ll work closely with all members of the software development team to ensure functional and business logic meet the agreed upon project requirements. This position requires a well-rounded understanding of various testing disciplines, technology, test automation and hands on experience.
As a member of QA team, the QA Engineer is expected to:
- Review and interpret documentation related to testing, including business requirements, design specifications, and user guides, in order to provide input to the scrum/project team regarding the planning of testing activities
- Create new and update existing test plans / scripts based on requirements
- Perform automated and manual testing and validate results to confirm adherence and conformance to requirements.
- Work with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system
- Execute functional, integration, regression, and deployment tests to verify the correctness of newly developed system functions and that existing system functions have not been compromised by the delivery of new system code
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a QA Engineer position
- Minimum or 3 years of experience with manual and automated test creation and execution
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role for a tech startup
- Experience with a variety of test tools such as SOAP UI PRO/Ready! API, jMeter, Selenium, etc.
- Ability to write clear and reproducible defects that describe deviations from expected behavior using defect tracking tool such as Jira
- Proficient in QA testing methodologies and processes and understanding of the SDLC
- Understanding of REST, Json, Oracle SQL, HTTP, SSL, XML, Source Control a plus
- Strong coordination, organization, and communication abilities
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included. No sponsorship will be provided.
In today’s world it takes just a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue. Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Payfone removes customer friction and drives user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud.
The company is backed by leading venture firms, financial institutions and Mobile Network Operators and is based in New York.
Additional information is available at www.payfone.com.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.