Reports to: Senior Sales Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You’ll be at the forefront of an exciting shift in how digital identity authentication allows companies and consumers to transact with trust in the digital world.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
The Sales Engineer will help our potential clients understand how Payfone’s products can solve their business challenges. You will spend time meeting and speaking with clients, conducting product demonstrations, gathering feedback, and capturing the business and technical requirements of a solution to our clients’ problems. You will be successful here if you can think outside-the-box and take a creative approach to solving our client’s largest problems.
This position will require lots of face-time with potential clients, which will include travel to our client offices around the US. The Sales Engineer should be comfortable speaking with Payfone’s leadership and presenting to stakeholders of all levels at client organizations.
As a member of the Business Development team, the Sales Engineer is expected to:
- Attend meetings with Sales Reps, develop and document an understanding of the client’s business challenges, and advise them on the best Payfone solutions for their use-cases.
- Act as the client’s subject matter expert during the sales process, managing their expectations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the client’s representatives and members of Payfone’s Product, Sales, Engineering, Onboarding, and Support teams.
- Provide clear and engaging documentation for clients in order to communicate Payfone’s value and how that is delivered in their specific use-cases.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the Payfone suite of products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience at a B2B SaaS company or tech startup is preferred.
- Prior experience engaging with decision makers at all levels of an organization, including C-level executives.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
- Ability to translate technical terms to non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with API integrations and related web technologies is a nice to have.
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
Payfone is the leading digital identity authentication network for the connected world. Our real-time, passive identity authentication solutions enable consumers and the world’s largest banks, insurers, brokerages and technology companies to thwart digital identity theft and transact with trust. Learn more at http://www.payfone.com and https://www.linkedin.com/company/payfone.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided.