Posted: March 13, 2017
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Denver, CO
As a Senior Developer you will be part of a small team designing and developing the infrastructure powering the next generation of mobile identity certainty. Leveraging your knowledge and passion for excellence you will deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scalable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, experience, and confidence to work with senior engineering and product management team members to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
As a member of development team, the senior developer is expected to:
- Design and develop applications for dealing with high-volume, low-latency requests in a mission-critical system, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Develop automated unit tests to ensure compliance with specifications and enable automated assurance of future changes
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet the customer’s changing business needs
- Ability to react quickly to changing customer and business needs
- Assist with customer and vendor troubleshooting tier 2 and 3 support
- Identify deficiencies in requirements definition which technically or logistically affect the successful implementation of functionality
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on Software Development experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in two or more of the following: Java, relational database, mobile development, and/or NoSQL development
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role for a tech startup
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using the Java platform
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Insight of Java internals (Threading, Transaction management, Introspection, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, preferably Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, CouchBase, or Cassandra.
- Experience with the JMS, Spring, and Swagger Frameworks
- Experience in developing JSON API frameworks highly preferred
- Experience with agile development a definite plus
- Experience with distributed processing or gridding technologies a definite plus
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included. No sponsorship will be provided.
In today’s world it takes just a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue. Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Payfone removes customer friction and drives user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud.
The company is backed by leading venture firms, financial institutions and Mobile Network Operators and is based in New York.
Additional information is available at www.payfone.com.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.