The TCPA: An EXPENSIVE PROBLEM
- Fines for TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act) violations regularly exceed $10 million and have put some companies out of business since the 2013 and 2015 TCPA revisions.
- Companies must have a comprehensive strategy to mitigate risk.
- Many companies use “best guess” solutions that rely on matching a name and a phone number against a database. The problem with a “best guess” solution is there is no definitive database that maintains mobile phone number ownership. This leads to results which are 70% accurate, at best. Companies have become so desperate that many have filed petitions with the FCC, complaining that compliance was impossible without a new solution.
That’s why Tier 1 US banks have asked Payfone for a new approach. Payfone has long provided identity certainty solutions to Tier 1 US banks to help with fraud prevention and to enhance the user experience. Using its direct connections to mobile operators and providers of primary services between operators, Payfone developed a purpose-built solution. This solution applies custom logic to the 8 million+ daily phone number and mobile operator change events in order to determine whether or not phone number ownership has changed.
THE NEW SOLUTION
- Payfone’s Number Verification service is a deterministic way to give “Call” or “Do Not Call” guidance that does not rely on PII (Personal Identifiable Information). And since Payfone’s system monitors changes from the mobile network in real-time, clients never have to worry about an outdated database.
- Payfone’s Number Verification service is the first solution that can identify ownership changes due to reassigned numbers.
- Payfone has direct relationships with US mobile operators that provide real-time access to mobile operator phone records, including change events. This information is compiled with Payfone’s proprietary logic to determine whether a specific contact still owns the phone number.
- Tier 1 banks currently using the Payfone Number Verification service report 0.4% false negatives and 0.0% false positives.
- Clients report that the solution also improves their call efficiency while saving operational costs since more calls become eligible for autodialing with this solution. Number Verification has a 50x ROI versus no TCPA solution and 4x ROI versus the current industry standard.
HOW PAYFONE COMPARES TO THE COMPETITION
Key words• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
Certainty• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
Model• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
Deterministic / Answer provided• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
Probabilistic / Best Guess
Methodology• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
Collect real-time phone record changes (ports, disconnects, activity, etc.) and apply complex business logic based on each operator's unique reporting process to calculate whether there have been any changes to phone number ownership after a certain date. The response is a definitive action to call or not call• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
Pull CRM data from multiple non-definitive databases, match the CRM data with a basic matching algorithm, then provide a "best guess" confidence indicator of phone number ownership based on how many third-party sources agreed
Data Sources• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
Live direct connection with primary network sources (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, porting companies, etc. – all of whom will represent that Payfone has a direct access to phone change records)• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
Multiple marketing databases, access to 3rd party static MNO data, LIDB. No direct access to some MNO CRM databases (including Verizon)
Data Source Updates• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
Real-time• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
Monthly, or Periodically (dependent on the database used)
Mobile Number Coverage (including prepaid and MVNO)• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
85%• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
Accuracy (tested)• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
0.0% false positives
0.4% false negatives
30-35% false positives
20% false negatives
Input Requirements• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
- Phone number
- Right Party Contact Date (RPCD). This is the last time positive contact was made with the phone number. *See below if you do not have the RPCD.
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
Responses• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
- Line Type (Mobile, Landline, VoIP)
- "Call" or "Do Not Call"
Confidence score for clients to make their own determination of whether to call
Operational and Fine ROI Versus No Solution• PAYFONE TCPA SOLUTION
50x• AGGREGATOR TCPA SOLUTION
*Payfone has a few ways to establish historical ownership. It may require an analysis of your database to see what parameters we can utilize.
Want to learn more about how you can avoid TCPA violations and increase calling/texting efficiency with a 50x ROI?