Director of Sales Engineering
Location: New York, NY
Drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process; Analyze and manage technical and business requirements for products and services using structured analysis and information engineering; Design high-level computer, information and data processing systems; Determine whether to use pre-developed application packages with adaptations or whether to develop new systems to meet the required systems design; Understand the computer systems used by Verizon Wireless, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, major mobile wallet and payment providers as well as social media platforms to integrate Payfone's computer systems with their computer systems; Analyze and acquire services to develop computer systems using industry standard methodologies and technologies; Design detailed technical specifications for research and development firms to implement; Develop testing plans to ensure the computer systems meet the business requirements; Oversee the general execution of development and testing of computer systems; Provide technical advice to sales team and advocate for Payfone products; Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users; Identify technical issues of assigned accounts and recommend solutions; Establish and maintain strong client relationships.
Knowledge of the global mobile real-time telecom network systems including SS7, GSM/CDMA technologies required; Knowledge of mobile telecom provider billing, credit card payments, payments fraud/risk and digital wallet required; Knowledge of mobile subscriber management and telecom billing systems at global mobile operators.
- Must have BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, or equivalent
- 6 years prior experience in similar duties.
- Ability to research and quickly resolve highly technical system issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication in conjunction with training skills.
- Experience with Foglight, Solarwinds, vCenter, Zabbix, Splunk, Zenoss or similar management/monitoring/logging software.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, policy compliance, and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of internal staff.
- Background check required.
Mail resumes, cover letter, salary history, to Payfone, Inc., Attn: HR MGR w/Ref: 0815, 215 Park Ave South, Ste. 1101, NY, NY 10003