Posted: January 17, 2017
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Denver, CO
As a Data Services Developer you will be responsible for analyzing information, documenting requirements, and designing and implementing solutions for the organization. This position builds quality “back-end” solutions that prepare for growth in both data volume and concurrent usage. Design & develop the Data Integration framework. Ensures code-reuse and maintainability. Perform exploratory source data analysis, including ad-hoc SQL queries, to proactively find and expose data quality problems or data that violate assumptions and business rules, and may cause unexpected output in the developed solution.
• Develop and maintain stored procedures, ETL processes to load data originating from multiple data sources including third-party feeds into transactional and reporting systems
• Demonstrated understanding of concepts, best practices and functions of data management in the corporate environment
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues within overall infrastructure
• Strong aptitude to translate business requirements into technical specifications and solutions
• Ability to analyze data from multiple sources in a variety of formats and develop a process to integrate into data stores
• Quickly analyze complex data patterns in order to establish technical solutions to resolve data issues
• Develop standards and processes to ensure the successful operational support required to ensure daily reporting is timely and accurate, so that day-day-business decisions can be made by the executive staff
• Fully documenting internal environment and operational components
• Develop information solutions, reports & analytics to meet the information needs of the organization
• Build collaborative relationships with business users and application teams to ensure the organizations information and reporting needs are met
• Design, develop, validate and integrate reporting and information solutions in support of our strategic initiatives
• 3+ years working within an Oracle environment
• 3+ years of professional ETL Development experience
• 3+ years working within a BI environment
• Strong RDBMS skills (SQL, Oracle, Postgres)
• Strong Oracle PL/SQL development skills
• Strong ETL development skills (Pentaho, Informatica)
• Experience with Enterprise Reporting and Analytics tools (Pentaho, Cognos, Oracle)
• Understanding/experience with the Hadoop eco-system and supporting tools.
• Understanding/experience with document based NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase)
• Understanding of diverse technology solutions to manage high volume data feeds from varying sources.
• Experience in performance & tuning of data integration process desired
• Source code management experience (GIT, Subversion, etc.)
• Unix/Linux and Windows experience is required
• Strong communication and team building skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, heavily collaborative environment, taking on a variety of roles when necessary
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included. No sponsorship will be provided.
In today’s world it takes just a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue. Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Payfone removes customer friction and drives user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud.
The company is backed by leading venture firms, financial institutions and Mobile Network Operators and is based in New York.
Additional information is available at www.payfone.com.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.