Posted: March 16, 2017
Reports to: VP, Sales
Location: New York, NY
We’re currently in a rapid growth stage and looking for entrepreneurial and innovative people to join our team. If you are not content with the status quo and ready to challenge the “this is the way it’s always been done” modus operandi, then we’re looking for you. Our goal is to make Payfone the Instant Trust leader in the banking, health insurance and sharing industries. To do that, we need to build brand recognition. That’s where this position comes in.
The Marketing Communications Manager will be an experienced guerrilla marketer who will find creative ways to publicize Payfone on a lean budget. You will be responsible for communicating the Payfone brand across various platforms. You must be adept at finding creative ways to link Payfone’s business with current events and dropping those leads to contacts at relevant media outlets for placement. You will maintain the Payfone blog and social media accounts, ensuring a consistent and engaging voice across platforms. You will also be the go-to person for developing marketing materials and campaigns.
This is a standalone role and you will be the sole person responsible for executing dynamic marketing strategy and generating buzz about Payfone.
- Develop creative ways to promote the Payfone brand using a variety of tactics
- Create a consistent brand voice across digital and social media spaces
- Produce email and social media campaigns targeting new business prospects
- Write and distribute press releases regarding Payfone updates and whitepapers
- Foster relationships with journalists at trade publications and pitch media outlets to place Payfone news in relevant sources
- Book speaking engagements for the CEO at tech events and represent Payfone at trade shows
- Deliver monthly updates on campaign reach, media placements, and speaking engagements
- Maximum 2 to 4 years experience as a Marketing Communications Associate at a guerrilla marketing agency or an aggressively growing B2B SaaS or technology startup
- Must have experience executing creative and successful guerilla marketing campaigns
- Content Marketing experience
- Strong writing skills
- A network of contacts at media companies
- Track record of placing pitches in traditional and online media
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business
- Must be able to provide clips of previous media placements
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included. No sponsorship will be provided.
In today’s world it takes just a few bad actors to force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to customer and employee frustration, increased operating costs and reduced revenue.
Payfone delivers a seamless non-intrusive verification using your mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide persistent protection for businesses and their customers.
Remove customer friction and drive user engagement with Instant Trust to enable the best possible experience while lowering the risk of loss due to friction and fraud.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.